|Published by||Lost Souls Publishing|
Famine The Dark Horse
Dark Fantasy Role-playing Game
Midian is the flagship product of Lost Souls Publishing. This is a dark fantasy noir game (with bits of science fiction added in for good measure) which means that the game has warriors charging in on horseback, necromancy, and strange beasts. As Midian is in the Dark Fantasy genre, the game focuses less on slaying monsters in caves, saving princessess, and amassing obscene amounts of power and wealth, but rather it focuses more on personal struggles, man's inhumanity to man, grey morality, personal horror, and the other less pretty aspects of life.
Playing Midian requires no downloads or purchases. It is a table-top roleplaying game, meaning you and your friends play this together with pencils and dice, rather than using cards or a board, or in front of a computer. Midian was created for face-to-face gaming, but you can play online on the forums, or using a third-party client.
Preface—Publishing information and credits
Character Generation—13 easy steps
Lexicon—Definitions and pronunciations
Naleth's Guide to Sentients—Species and races of Midian
Attributes—How strong, how smart, how pretty, etc.
- Extended Attributes—Monstrously huge table for scores over 25
Backgrounds—Experiences and history
Traits—Other detailing information
Classes—Who you are and what you do
Skills—What you know
Character Development—Character advancement, journals, and experience
Aurelia's Almanac—World Information: Calendar, Countries, Holidays, and other knowledge
- Corwin O´Dale´s Guide to the Kingdom of Formour—Cultural, and monetary information
- Formourian Military—How the branches of the military are organized
- Slagg´s Guide to the Byzant Empire—Culture and the all-important money
- Damian Wynter´s Guide to Gothic Culture—All about the Gothic people
- Faiths—Churches and Cults
Equipment—Lots of goodies
- Features—Special traits of weapons and armour